In this episode of the Safeti Podcast, we have a yarn with Jonathan Dempsey, seasoned operational risk expert. We tackle the question of whether our leadership constitutes an approach that is merely transactional vs one that is considered transformational management.
Jonathan gives us some insights into the following:
- How freedom of thought opens up opportunity rather than being limited by our own constructs
- Moving away from the marginalisation of HSE – is it important?
- Understanding the leadership and culture – they set the tone – why it’s important to paint a picture first
- Change is fluid and dynamic – it must be an iterative process
- Importance of working closely, particularly with people-orientated functions – understanding the flow of communications
- Create an environment that allow people to tell us what they really think
Thanks again to Jonathan for joining us on the Safeti Podcast to share his wisdom!
Do you have an opinion on the ‘Transactional vs Transformational Management’ podcast? Drop us a comment at the bottom of the page!
Transformational Management Podcast – Extra Resources
Jonathan Dempsey – connect with our guest on Linkedin
Red Laces – check out Jonathan’s consultancy business website
Safeti Podcast Services – find out how we can help you with driving employee engagement
Richard Collins – join the podcast host on Linkedin to part of our network