In this episode of the Safeti Podcast, we share the mic for the second time with workplace mental health specialist Tom Oxley, of Bamboo Mental Health. Tom wanted to have a chat about his experiences to date during this unprecedented global COVID 19 pandemic.
Just some of the stuff we cover in this podcast:
- Our experiences so far during the global pandemic
- The importance of focusing on what you can control
- Why genuine listening is fundamental to leading in a crisis
- Paying attention to what is happening right now – is it necessary?
- The change curve – where we are and where we are going
- How to manage isolation and loneliness
- Being part of your own recovery
Thanks again to Tom for joining us (again!) on the Safeti Podcast to share his wisdom!
Do you have an opinion on the ‘Adapting to Change – COVID 19’ podcast? Drop us a comment at the bottom of the page!
‘Adapting to Change – COVID 19’ Podcast – Extra Resources
Firstly, some specific resources relating to the COVID 19 pandemic –
- Individuals – ask if your employer has an Employee Assistance Programme provider (see your HR rep for details) and check any company Private Medical Insurance – either of which may offer free short term counselling for you or members of your household
- For general coronavirus-related mental health advice, call MIND
- For Counselling Support (private, you pay for it) check a local accredited counsellor for online sessions here: BACP
- For Federation of Small Businesses (UK) members, 0808 20 20 888 Lines open Monday-Friday 8am 6pm (excludes Bank Holidays) firstname.lastname@example.org
- For sessions for staff, managers and leaders: Bamboo Mental Health or email email@example.com
Tom Oxley – connect with our guest on Linkedin
Bamboo Mental Health – check out Jonathan’s consultancy business website
Safeti Podcast Services – find out how we can help you with driving employee engagement
Richard Collins – join the podcast host on Linkedin to part of our network