'Hiring to develop your Safety Culture' with Adel Lawson
How do you decide if someone will make a positive impact to the safety culture in your organisation?
In this episode, Adel Lawson takes us through some of the key focus areas that he uses during the hiring process. If you are on the opposite side of the table, how do you know what the employer is looking for? This podcast will also help you see from the employer’s perspective.
Adel shares his strategy for selecting the candidates that have the most chance to succeed. We talk about the role of behavioural safety, the need for cultural awareness and the importance of getting out of your comfort zone. The ‘Hiring the Right People’ podcast will be provide you actionable advice, whether your are the hirer or a prospective candidate.
- Demonstrate that you can strike a good balance between an authoritative approach and a behavioural change mindset.
- Understanding that sharing responsibility is key when trying to improve safety culture.
- It is important to appreciate any cultural barriers or challenges in the area of work. Applicants need to be in tune with the local working and cultural environment.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong experience in training, communicating and coaching others.
- For candidates: Take yourself out of your comfort zone to learn more and progress more quickly.
'Hiring to develop your Safety Culture' | Resources
You can read the podcast here ‘Hiring people to develop your Safety Culture’ with Adel Lawson
Original Article by Adel Lawson – read Adel’s full article on Linkedin
Follow Adel Lawson – follow Adel on Linkedin to see what he’s up to and get his latest publications
Safety Culture Study IOSH – interesting study carried out by IOSH into safety cutlure